Our new Cortland Design Lookbook has some of our best work — from renovations and architecture design to stunning home and commercial looks by our award-winning interior designers. January is well underway, and there’s no better time to start a new home project or revamp your apartment home’s current design. Read More
Architecture Design Services
Cortland Design offers a full suite of architecture services. Our team specializes in developing thoughtful and unique designs for a wide range of projects — from concept development to new builds and renovations.
Leveraging our shared expertise, we listen to, guide and collaborate with our clients to achieve and their project goals, delivering award-winning architectural designs. We maintain strong ties to engineers, fitness design experts, and preconstruction consultants, allowing us to take a well-rounded, holistic approach to all projects.
We are passionate about creating spaces that integrate and engage with the surrounding landscape and hardscape environments. We create multifamily residential experiences that feel more like homes than rental properties and focus on value-enhancing details, including amenities that rival five-star hotels in both style and function.
- Budget & Scope Guidance
- Project Management
- Space Planning
- Conceptual Design
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Construction Documents
- Construction Administration
- BIM (Revit & AutoCAD)
- QA/QC Review
- Interior & Exterior Spaces
Our Architecture Design Process
We have experience working on all kinds of architectural projects. Our design team prioritizes the end-user and constantly strives to innovate and adapt to changing needs. Whether it’s a new build or renovation, we achieve great design through our collaborative and innovative approach.
- We draw on years of experience and a deep knowledge of design trends, to help our clients to develop a program.
- We work closely with our in house as-built team to process and refine as-built models, increasing project speed and accuracy.
- We also utilize a variety of tools to help our clients visualize spaces and inform decision making, including Sketchup and Endscape.
- We leverage the latest design project management tools and software, such as BIM (Revit) and Autodesk 360, to keep the project on track during construction.
- In addition to ground- up projects, our expertise in renovation allows us to deliver superior design and functionality, increasing project value without going over budget.
Our blog is a resource for those looking to learn about design, discover more details about our services, and get answers to frequently asked questions. Here, we feature our latest projects and give you a glimpse into our architecture design process, sources for inspiration, and trends we love.
When it comes to finding the perfect apartment community or condo building, most residents usually focus on the location, price, and layout of the home. If a community also happens to offer great common spaces and amenities, it is often seen as a bonus and not a necessity. However, in… Read More
Picture a sprawling escape tucked away in the mountains, surrounded by manicured lawns and dense emerald forest. Inside, rustic wooden elements complement gleaming metal finishes and clean, neutral fabrics, creating the perfect balance between traditional and contemporary style. This is what our team at Cortland Design envisioned when we set… Read More
When planning an initial construction or renovation, it is crucial to have accurate dimensions and conditions of a building. As time passes, a building or property’s original drawings can be outdated and have erroneous information if not maintained. Because of this, contractors, design professionals, and property owners may encounter… Read More