BIM / As-Built Services
Cortland Design provides scan to BIM services for Design Firms, General Contractors, and Property Owners.
We believe in being a part of the virtual footprint. We are professionals that deal with design technology to service the AEC industry by scanning spaces and delivering as-builts. We work with design firms, general contractors, and property owners to tailor a service that will cater to your needs.
Clash Detection Between Trades
Delivery of Existing Build vs. Design Intent
Site Selection and Test Fitting with 3D Models
Logistics/Site Safety Planning
Quantity Takeoffs with 3D Models
Generate Quantities of Existing Conditions
Create a BIM Process for Owners (LOD, PEP, BIM-FM)
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a proven workflow and process to help design professionals as well as owners streamline their projects with technology.
- Logistics & Site Safety Modeling
- BIM Consulting – Software & Hardware Recommendations
- Develop Drafting & Modeling Standards
- Create Technology Workflow Processes for Design Teams
- Custom Project BIM Coordination Workflows
- Creating the BIM Execution Plan for Design projects
- VDC Implementation Planning
- Revit Content Creation
- Creation of Revit Templates
- Custom Revit Training / Design Technology Setups
- Project Point Cloud File Creation
- Existing Condition Models
- As-Built Modeling
- As-Built Lidar Scanning
Our As-Built Process
As-builts provide visual and structural information about a property or site. It can show existing building conditions that can be utilized before, during and after construction. Our team at Cortland Design uses a detailed approach when producing as-builts in order to maintain the level of accuracy needed:
- Our skilled team comes on-site and scans your project. This provides the essential data needed to map out your space.
- Webshare gives remote video access within days of scanning, and once the scans have been cleaned you will have access to the scans from anywhere.
- Once LIDAR scanning is complete, you’ll be able to use point clouds as a background for design reference.
- Scanned data is used to create a true as-built of your existing property in a revit model. These revit models can be made to your specifications.
FLOOR PLANS & ELEVATION
- Scanning provides accurate floor plans and elevations from the existing structure for AutoCAD if necessary.