BIM / As-Built Services
Cortland Design provides Scan to BIM Services for Design Firms, General Contractors, and Property Owners.
We believe that being part of the virtual footprint is key to innovation. As professionals that deal with design technology, we service the AEC industry by accurately scanning spaces and delivering high quality As-Builts. We work closely with Design Firms, General Contractors, and Property Owners to tailor a service that will cater to your specific needs.
Delivery of Existing Build vs. Design Intent
Site Selection and Test Fitting with 3D Models
Logistics/Site Safety Planning
Quantity Takeoffs with 3D Models
Generate Quantities of Existing Conditions
Create a BIM Process for Owners (LOD, PEP, BIM-FM)
Clash Detection Between Trades
Building Information Modeling (BIM) provides a digital representation of physical and functional characteristics of a facility. It’s a proven workflow process that helps design professionals as well as owners streamline their projects using advancing technology.
Our As-Built Deliverable Process
As-builts provide visual and structural information about a property or site.
Your 3D Model will document existing building conditions useful before, during and after construction. Our team at Cortland uses a detailed approach when producing As-Builts, maintaining the high level of accuracy essential for quality deliverables:
- Our skilled team comes on-site and scans your project. This provides the essential data needed to map out your space.
- Webshare gives remote video access within days of scanning, and once the scans have been cleaned you will have access to the scans from anywhere.
- Once LIDAR scanning is complete, you’ll be able to use point clouds as a background for design reference.
- Scanned data is used to create a true as-built of your existing property in a revit model. These revit models can be made to your specifications.
FLOOR PLANS & ELEVATION
- Scanning provides accurate floor plans and elevations from the existing structure for AutoCAD if necessary.