If you have ever worked with a design firm on a new project, or researched interior design processes, you have probably come across the term “visualization.” If you are unfamiliar with the term, or not quite sure what it means, that’s okay. In fact, you’ve probably encountered visualization deliverables in… Read More
Interior Design Services
Cortland Design provides a comprehensive range of interior design services for multifamily, commercial, hospitality, and residential properties.
We offer interior design services for all kinds of projects and industries – from new builds and residential remodels, to multifamily developments, commerical spaces, hospitality and more. We approach each day with a purpose and commitment to incorporate value into design. Our goal is to create interior spaces that amplify the unique personality of each of our clients through exceptional design done with intention, purpose and value.
Our team is passionate about design and we love sharing it with our clients. We aim to explore new uses of space and materials and design in ways that stand the test of time. What we do is bring environments to life.
- Strategic Planning
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Visual Programming
- Contract Administration
- Color Consultation
- FF&E Specification & Procurement
- Materials & Finishes Specification
- Project Management
- Installation (Third-Party Service)
- Vendor Coordination
- Code Compliance/ADA Compliance Reviews & Survey
Our Interior Design Process
Whether it’s a renovation or a new build, there’s only one way to create great design and that’s by collaborating with our clients. Here’s a look into our interior design process and the steps we take for those interested in understanding the importance and evolution of beautiful design.
Project Kickoff & Consultation
- Our design team will discuss your goals and vision and create a design based on your style preferences and how the space will be used.
Space Planning & Design Inspiration
- Next, we present a preliminary design concept by sourcing materials, finishes and furnishings that achieve the creative vision. A 3D preview provides clients with an idea of how the completed space will look and function.
Procurement of Finishes
- After the final design concept and budget is reviewed and approved, we begin purchasing the finishes, fixtures and furniture.
Installation & Project Completion
- To finish, our team styles, completes furniture installation and puts the finishing touches on the space. The final design will reflect your vision, along with our design team’s expertise.
Our blog is a resource for those looking to learn about design, discover more details about our services, and get answers to frequently asked questions. Here, we feature our latest projects and give you a glimpse into our interior design process, sources for inspiration, and trends we love.
Cortland Design wouldn’t be the award-winning architecture and interior design firm it is today if it weren’t for our incredible team. We’re so proud of our designers, we want to give you the chance to get to know them. Today we’re featuring our very own Brittany Cavallotti. Brittany received… Read More
Our new Cortland Design Lookbook has some of our best work — from renovations and architecture design to stunning home and commercial looks by our award-winning interior designers. January is well underway, and there’s no better time to start a new home project or revamp your apartment home’s current design. Read More
New year, new colors — here’s how to use Pantone’s selection in your interior design. There’s no doubt about it — for most of us, 2020 has been a year characterized by hardship, struggle, and tumultuous change, as well as determination, teamwork, and resilience. Even as the dawn of a… Read More